Monday, February 7, 2011

This morning started like every other morning at 5am for Plyometrics class at SYNCStudio with (gasp!) Beth. She delivered a good workout alright. So good I wanted to barf or my head wanted to explode, either could have happened at any time. I think this is pretty normal during the detox period, so life will go on. After my morning coffee and smoothie (same one as yesterday) didn't help, I took a few Advils (which is not so raw) and took a nap with my feline friend, Cliff. 


I woke up feeling slightly refreshed and plugged through some homework even though I would rather be doing what Lilly was doing at the time...



or maybe a "please pet my belly" pose like Cliff... 
Okay, just to get it straight, I would never actually do Cliff's belly pose, but it did make me smile. 

Although my lunch (a thai coleslaw) was ah-mazing, I went to class this afternoon as a big, grumpy sourpuss since my head was still feeling foggy and ready to explode. I got a burst of energy and went to Whole Foods after class and boy am I glad! I found...wait for it...wait for it...RAW BROWNIES and RAW CHEESE! 

AMEN!! 

So, needless to say I had a delicious almond, dried fruit, and cheese plate with a brownie for dessert. My frown has officially been turned upside down. 

Now it is study time (yay!).

Here is the thai coleslaw recipe: 
Thai Coleslaw Salad
  • 3 cups finely shredded Napa Cabbage
  • 1 cup peeled and shredded zucchini
  • 1 cup shredded carrot
  • 1 bunch each of basil, mint, cilantro and chives (stems removed and leaves chopped)
  • 1/2 cup raw, unsalted peanuts 
Combine all ingredients in a big-ass mixing bowl and toss to mix thoroughly. 

Thai Coleslaw Dressing
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup Nama Shoyu
  • 2 tbsp agave nectar
  • 1/4 cup olive oil 
  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 1" piece of ginger, peeled 
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
Combine all dressing ingredients in a mini food processor and pour over the salad. Note: this dressing is so delicious Adam could have slathered it all over his body and I would have licked it off. That maybe TMI, sorry mom and dad, but the dressing was fabulous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment