Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Beginning

I feel rushed. Even though I had plenty of time to buy some raw food cookbooks, look them over, pick out recipes, and grocery shop for my week of raw eating, I still feel overwhelmed. See, the initial plan was to start my new raw life on Monday, not Sunday. However, the other half in this raw food diet adventure has convinced me to start on Sunday. So, tomorrow it is. As I write this, it is 10:47 p.m. on Saturday, and I can't help thinking about what food I want to eat before the clock strikes midnight. I had my pizza (a weakness that is built into my sicilian genes), ice cream, and cookie dough (raw cookie dough at that!). Twice. 


I think I am ready. I know this diet switch will be more mentally difficult than anything. Cravings, temptations, and my regular food eating boyfriend/roommate will be the hardest part. But, I am determined to see what food not cooked above 118 degrees will do to my body. 


Why even put myself through this you ask? Because I am tired. I take a nap every day. Keep in mind I am not even 25 yet! Because I know how good I feel when I eat one meal that is raw. Lastly, because I am curious. 


Cross your fingers that this goes well (but how could it not?). Stay tuned for my likely cranky, withdrawl-symptom ridden post tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. And you've got tons of support from us! Can't wait to follow your journey, and even partake in some of this rawness with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Samantha! This is awesome! You have inspired me to get back to my healthy eating habits....after my superbowl yummies of course!

    ReplyDelete