Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The 3rd Day is a Charm

Ahhh! Day 3! Honestly I am in disbelief that I survived this far. I tend to give into food cravings quick (like within minutes).  :)  I can't say I wouldn't kill for a piece of bread, but overall I am surviving. I even passed on the Peanut M and M's jar in class today. And that NEVER happens, I repeat, NEVER. 


So, onto a detox side effects report. I continue to feel like a big pile of poop in the morning but the nausea, upset stomach (no diarrhea-this is not a pepto-bismol commercial) subsides by the afternoon. And after that, it is smooth sailing! Except for the tingly, feels-like-I-have-to-sneeze constantly nose and the occasional runny nose I have been A-OK. 


Maybe I am getting ahead of myself here, but I think this may be do-able long term. I will be happy when I just start to feel super miraculous like the many raw foodies say they do, but until then I will continue to sneeze and blow my nose and testify that I am ridding my body of built-up toxins to anyone who will listen (which is mostly Adam or the cats). 


No new recipes to post since I have been eating leftovers, but I am cooking tomorrow evening so stay tuned for more reviews. 


Oh, one funny thing (or I thought it was funny) that happened this morning when I was cursing at the blender. Adam yelled from in bed (it was 5am, but he gave me permission the night before that I could blend that early) that maybe the diet will teach me patience. Needless to say I do not have any patience considering I am a bull-headed Sicilian/German gal, but maybe he is right. Feeling great and more patience? I will take whatever the raw diet has to offer! 


Lastly, I am looking to take my carnivore boyfriend to a nice vegan restaurant for valentine's day (what a nice girlfriend I am, I know). If you have any suggestions pass them my way.  :)  To be fair, I am going to his Pharmal (pharmacy formal) this weekend, which means getting all spiffy and socializing, so the compromise is a vegan v-day dinner. 


Now it is time to stop procrastinating studying nutrient metabolism...

No comments:

Post a Comment