Monday, February 14, 2011

Love is..

Love is...playing fetch with Cliff for an hour, while I do homework.
Love is...Lilly licking off my wet feet when I get out of the shower.
Love is...Adam eating raw food (with meat supplementation) to make packing lunches easier on me.

The cats must have known it was valentine's day weekend on saturday, because for the first time ever (in 2+ years) there was a cuddle session on the same tier in their massive cat tower. Get ready to feel all warm inside, these two are too cute!

Alright, enough of the mushy gushy crap, I think all the sunshine today has got to my head! To be honest, I am not a fan of valentine's day. Shouldn't you show the people you love appreciation that they are in your life (and love you back) everyday, not just February 14th? Plus, I am not one for flowers, jewelry, or boxed chocolates. Surprisingly, Adam doesn't like the fact that I am not into flowers or jewelry. I think the sunshine may have gotten to his head..

No new recipes today, but that Raw-zania was THE BOMB. Oh my newest obsession is the brownies that Ashley made this weekend. Yes, raw, homemade brownies. With frosting, I should add! And, that frosting is better than anything store bought. Believe me, I know since I used to stock the tubs of frosting in the fridge in my dorm room to eat plain and out of the tub! I don't have that recipe since it was found on the world wide web. :(

What I DO have are some cat pictures from when I was cooking yesterday.
When I was using the food processor Cliff got a bit spooked.
After I took the picture, he then ran around in sprints around the apartment. What a character! 

After I finished cooking I had set my cookbooks next to the table and went to do dishes. When I got back, Lilly was smothering poor Ani (on the Ani's Raw Food Kitchen book) and giving me a serious stink eye. 
I am beginning to think this diet is not going over well with the cats. And Adam doesn't look like a happy camper either...

Well, whatever you are eating on this day of love, enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. Raw Vegan Brownies!!
    This is the recipe and it was SO awesome.
    Source: SparkPeople.com
    Servings: 12
    INGREDIENTS:
    Brownie:
    1 cup walnuts
    1 cup dates
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    Icing:
    2 avocados
    1/2 cup agave nectar
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    2 tablespoons coconut oil
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    dash salt
    dash cinnamon
    METHOD:
    1. Food process the brownie ingredients until blended and dry chunky.
    2. Press into a small pan.
    3. Put all icing ingredients into vitamix blender, and blend on hi till smooth.
    4. Spread icing over brownies and pop in freezer to set for 1 hr. then cut and put in snack sized baggies.

    ReplyDelete