Saturday, February 19, 2011

I LOVE Saturdays (especially sunny ones)!

Well, the last few days have been going well. I am slightly concerned that my schoolwork is quickly turning into an adam-pharmacy-school-no-time level of schoolwork. However, I am trying to remain positive that it will not get to that point. Only time will tell. But, let's just all have a moment of silence and pray that I can finish: a 10 page paper, a presentation, a lab report, a research article response assignment, study for a test, a 2 page paper and get my thesis/practicum idea nailed down so I can start writing a monster proposal that is due the first week of march all by Wednesday. Hmm, it looks worse when it's written down. I am going to ignore that to-do list until sunday though, because...


Adam, Ashley and I are about to embark on a road trip to Asheville to see the one, the only...BASSNECTAR! The long-haired legend himself will be spinning this evening! I have my outfit (including a back-up outfit) picked out and I am in the dancing mood! 


Play before work right? Or is it the other way around... 


There is a small food-related issue with this road trip. What am I going to eat for dinner, breakfast and snacks? The plan is Zucchini Pasta with Marinated Mushrooms (recipe below), some leftover Indian Cauliflower Mash, Nuts, and a Kombucha. It's time for another prayer. Please pray that I don't get HANGRY (hungry and angry) for Adam's and Ashley's sake! Poor Adam is VERY aware of how unpleasant I am when I am hangry, and I want to continue to be buddies with Ashley...


At least I can be thankful that I don't have to deal with Cliff and his stupid purple rubber toy. Below is him with his mouth open and meowing (constantly, loud, and a bit whiny) next to his toy because he wants to play fetch. He doesn't stop meowing until you throw the toy. And, to top it off he is the fastest fetcher ever and comes back in 10 seconds (I mayyyy have timed him), so you can throw the toy again. 

Alright I need to go paint my face so I am ready to go dance my butt off. Have a fabulous Saturday everyone! 

Zucchini Pasta with Marinated Mushrooms (1 serving)
  • 1 zucchini, peeled
  • 4 mushrooms, sliced
  • 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/4 cup sunflower sprouts

Marinade:
  • 1 tbsp Nama Shoyu
  • 1 tbsp Olive Oil
  • 2 springs of parsley, finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice


Make the marinate and let the sliced mushrooms marinate for 15 minutes-3 hours. Once finished place on paper towels to soak up extra liquid. Make thick strips of zucchini using a veggie peeler. Place zucchini on a plate and put mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and sprouts on top. Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment