Thursday, April 7, 2011

Yes, I am still alive.

Obviously, it has taken about two weeks to get back into swing of things from a weekend in Miami. Oops!


The problem has really been my refusal to return to real life. Miami was just so fun. 75,000 people (mostly scantily clad, entertaining individuals), awesome music with dir-dir beats and great bass, and 80 degrees and sunny days. It was definitely what I needed. Here are some pics:
Carl Cox Tent

Ultra Day 2=Super Pumped

Sea of People

Main Stage
The other pictures I am not allowed to post, because I *may* have been drunk snapping pictures of us dancing. Eh, drunk dancing (and thinking you look awesome) happens to the best of us.  ;)

Now, eating raw in Miami wasn't too terrible. Mostly because I didn't much. I surely didn't drink raw beverages, but I gotta live, right? 

The week back from Miami could best be described as mass chaos (think three tests, a presentation, and a few project meetings). Although that is not a viable excuse for not blogging, you probably would not have wanted to hear from me anyway. I was a bit cynical and cranky that week. 

Just one more excuse, then I will get to the raw food talk. This past weekend there were 5 parents visiting us (two from my side, three from Adam's). Adam got his whitecoat for finishing (well, almost) his third year of pharmacy school. 

It ended up being a fabulous weekend. However, not much raw food existed except salads. I did make a green smoothie one morning and I got a lot of weird commentary from family members. Oddly enough, the same family members made fun of me when I got a veggie burger at Ted's Montana Grill. I can hear it now (accompanied by smirks and laughs): "No salad, Sam? You are actually going to eat real food?"It really was very funny. I laughed my butt off.  ;) 

One important thing to note is, I did not feel guilty from ANYTHING I ate last weekend, not from the veggie burger, not from the flatbread, and not from the daisy cakes. You gotta go with the flow (and in this case, going with the flow was DELICIOUS). 

Surprisingly (or not) I felt like poo earlier this week and have been napping to my heart's content. So, I have slowly been getting back into eating raw food items, however it has been a struggle. Finally today all the junky food is out of the house and I am back on track! 

No recipes to report as of now, but I am having a cooking extravaganza tomorrow (it's on my to-do list), so stay tuned! 





No comments:

Post a Comment