So what has been happening, one may ask?
A LOT OF DELINQUENCY!
|Adam (the parent) is out of town and I (the friend) can not yell at this cute little guy, even if he just sneezed in my glass of water...|
Creating a new lifestyle does take time, and maybe some failures. That being said, don't get too cranky at me yet. This week was raw week (besides the poached chicken or greek yogurt for protein). Here is what I have been eating today:
Smoothie (a custom creation)
- 1 c blueberries and blackberries
- 2 inches ginger (which made this smoothie quite a zinger ;) )
- about 3 c spinach
- about 1 c fat-free plain (sour cream tasting) greek yogurt
Blend the berries and ginger first with a little water. Slowly add the spinach then the yogurt.
Marinated Mushrooms with Spinach (and I added some happy chicken)
- 3 Tbsp Nama Shoyu
- 2 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp chili-garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 c button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 c spinach leaves
- 1 c corn kernels (surprisingly delish raw)
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3 tsp sesame seeds
Mix the first 5 ingredients in a bowl and add the mushrooms and toss to coat. Marinate for about 2 hours. Toss the other ingredients together in a large bowl and add the mushrooms. Eat!
- 3 cups raw sunflower seeds, soaked for 3 hours, drained and processed in a food processor
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1/4 c dill
- 1 1/2 c coconut water
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 c lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 2 1/2 c pine nuts, cashews, or macadamia nuts (i used a combo of cashews and pine nuts)
- 1/2 c stone-ground mustard
For salad, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to mix. For the dressing, combine in a food processor and blend until combined. Pour over salad, mix well and serve. I added sprouts (alfalfa, that I sprouted myself), too!
Now that the food talk is over...Why is the title of the post enlightened?
Well, I have been in a very happy and content mood because I finally figured out how to mesh everything I like into a career. And, I found a new passion, that I know deep down in my heart is right for me. And it is...Farming.
Filming this movie has made me realize the beauty and huge reward in being able to nurture a little seed into a huge tomato plant. I want to be a part of that.
That's all I'm sharing until I organize how to make that dream into a reality (and hopefully a career). Have a good night, friends!